Tuesday, January 22, 2013

{tipsy tuesday}

HOLY Vinegar!!

I know my great grandmothers are likely rolling on heaven's floor laughing that it took me 35 years to figure out how amazing this stuff is!

Vinegar (which basically means "sour wine" in french) was discovered accidentally when a cask of wine gone past it's prime was put to use instead of thrown out...and so... a versatile new product was found! Vinegar is naturally green, antibacterial, disinfectant, non-toxic...and really has SO MANY uses.

From cleaning almost any household surface...to using in the lawn/garden...as pest control...even cooking...and taking internally for health benefits... There's just not much you can't do with it! Today, I'm going to share one of the ways I use vinegar on a weekly basis. In the shower!! My OCD tendencies arise if I am taking a shower and spot anything unclean in the shower/tub.....and I just can't feel clean if I'm showering in a dirty space...and sometimes a shower can be clean but just look old or nasty because of soap scum, hard water spots and/or calcium deposits. By using this quick and easy method once a week... my shower looks brand new and I can bathe in peace ;) AND most importantly I am not subjecting myself or my family to a ton of toxic chemicals that I can't even pronounce.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
-white distilled vinegar
-dawn dish soap concentrated (or off brand - as long as the ingredients are the same)
-large squirt bottle


-Mix equal parts concentrated dish soap and vinegar in squirt bottle and shake well ( I make a full squirt bottle batch and do all bathrooms at once)


-Spray the entire shower surface down very well (the solution comes out like a gel and sticks well)


-Leave solution on for an hour...it will begin to spread and thicken a bit...
-After an hour take a wet sponge and just quickly wipe down all surfaces...(no need to scrub).
-Let sit for about 15-20 more min. then rinse away with hot water.



Your shower will sparkle like new!!

Want more info on ALL the wonderful uses for vinegar!?

visit these links:

http://www.versatilevinegar.org/usesandtips.html

http://www.motherearthliving.com/healthy-home/natural-cleaning/versatile-vinegar-zmhz13jfzmel.aspx

http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2012/02/130-uses-for-vinegar.html


xoxo
Dejah


No comments:

Post a Comment