Thursday, January 31, 2013

{organized chaos}

 
Since moving to our new house I've yet to unpack everything...and so those pretty pocket doors lead to a very formal dining room complete with a full wall mural of Italy...and antique chandelier and a four and a half foot wall of boxes and tubs that need to be put away....it's just that every time I open the doors I get a little overwhelmed and freak out then I quickly shut the doors and pretend that room doesn't exist just yet. Funnily, I actually had a vision of myself the other day imagining my surprise when I am actually able to get that room squared away....I imagined myself like one of those home-owners on HGTV's show "Buying & Selling" (the one with the two hot twin brothers) ...who comes home to find their space has been added on to and beautified!...I mean it'll be like a I gain a whole new room! How exciting!! (yes.. I'm a bit of a delusional dreamer...and I'm ok with that).
 
So we couldn't find the iron...and ... well, you know being adults and all we should probably have access to that. I went in with the purpose of locating the iron and came out a few minutes later with a huge tub filled to the brim of old photographs... LIKE REAL photographs.  An entire journey in that box.  It holds photos from when Mr. Quinn and I were young and dating....our wedding...births, birthdays, and milestones of our two Indians...all the way up to about four years ago. I had assumed with all the moving we had undergone in the past years that the box had fallen off a truck or gotten accidentally thrown out and here it was! I quickly jumped over the four foot wall of China (er..boxes)...bumped my head on the antique chandelier...and ran right out of Italy...slammed the pocket doors shut tight and then, me and my tribe sat in the living room floor gazing, laughing, and having precious bittersweet floods of memories. After about and hour... and several little yawns later I was snapped back to the present time and realized it was an hour past bedtime on a school night!! I promised to leave the neat, tidy stacks of photos on the floor and we could continue our tour the next day....
 
 
FAST FORWARD to the next eve (last night)... while cooking dinner I could hear the belly laughs....the "oohs & ahh's" and "ohhh! LOOK!"...coming from the living room and new they were pilfering through the piles of photos.. they would even bring me one occasionally and ask "who's this chubby baby?"
 
When the call to dinner came... they shut the pocket doors to the living room, washed up , and we sat down and ate. That was followed by our regular scheduled evening marathon of homework, showers, and what seems like a three hours of  me proclaiming "go back -to bed!!"
 
THIS MORNING.....after the kids were off to school I danced through the house doing my morning ritual of opening up the blinds and doors in all the rooms...allowing the space and the light to greet and kiss...when I opened the living room doors...I almost fell over!
..............................................................................................
 
 
 
those little rascal's sure did have fun though... and as I replayed the giggles and chuckles I heard coming from this same room the night before.....
 

I just decided...that I was ok with that..(but darn-it i never did find that iron!)


Source: etsy.com via Dejah on Pinterest


xoxo
Dejah

No comments:

Post a Comment